We are looking for a Veterinary Assistant who provides dedicated quality veterinarian care and exceptional service to our patients and clients. This person is responsible for making an impact on lives. This position will support and assist the veterinarians and veterinary technicians to ensure the safety of clients and patients. We are a close-knit team that works very well together to provide the best experience to our clients.
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, ability to work in stressful and emotional situations, has a passion for veterinary medicine, effective team interaction, dependable, reliable, punctual, and professional, effective at team interactions, comfortable with animals of all sizes and breeds, strong client relation skills, self-motivated and able to complete tasks independently.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sterilizing instruments and operating and exam rooms prior to use
- Care for patients by taking vital signs, collecting samples, administering medications, drugs and vaccines, and bandaging and wrapping wounds
- Perform physical examinations and patient assessments
- Monitor during and after anesthesia from induction, maintenance, and recovery
- Filling prescriptions
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Accurately documenting and updating information in our database in a timely manner
- Performing lab tests and studies such as obtaining samples with urine and blood, samples in-house, submitting outside labs, loading lab work, and calling for results
- Safe animal handling and restraint
- Cornerstone is a plus!
- Experience in the veterinary field
- Baseline understanding of medical calculations
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and treatment skills