We are looking for a Licensed Veterinary Technician who provides dedicated quality veterinarian care and exceptional service to our patients and clients. This person will have an overall understanding of veterinary medications and treatments and handle a diverse caseload. This position will provide assistance to Doctors and Veterinary Assistants to enhance and add value to our practice. We are a close-knit team that works very well together to provide the best experience to our clients.
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, ability to work in stressful and emotional situations, has a passion for veterinary medicine, effective team interaction, dependable, reliable, punctual, and professional, effective at team interactions, comfortable with animals of all sizes and breeds, strong client relation skills, self-motivated and able to complete tasks independently.
Duties and Responsibilites
- Sterilizing instruments and operating and exam rooms prior to use
- Perform physical examinations and patient assessments
- Monitor during and after anesthesia from induction, maintenance, and recovery
- Perform dental exams and extractions
- Filling prescriptions
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Log and maintain security of controlled prescriptions accurately
- Accurately documenting and updating information in our database in a timely manner
- Performing lab tests and studies such as obtaining samples with urine and blood, samples in-house, submitting outside labs, loading lab work, and calling for results
- Safe animal handling and restraint
- Perform microchipping
- Ability to demonstrate IV catheter placement and venipuncture
- Cornerstone is a plus!
- Veterinary Technician License from an accredited program
- Baseline understanding of medical calculations
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and treatment skills
- Experience in dental prophylaxis